Upcoming Trainings....Yoga Teachers, Activists for Change, Community Leaders,
February 24 - 26, 2017
5 Points Local, San Antonio, Texas, 78212
To register visit www.5PointsLocal.com
May 5, June 2 and June 23, 2017 from 6 - 8:30 pm
Social Justice, Trauma & Radical Love
with Catherine Ashton & Tameka Walton of Restored Hope
Shambhala, Chicago, IL
To register visit www.Chicago.Shambhala.org
July 21- 23, 2017
Alignment 8, Midland, MI 48640
To register visit www.alignment8.com or write email@example.com
September 28 - October 1, 2017
Mandala Yoga Center, Santa Monica, CA
9/28 12:30 - 5:30 pm, 9/29 & 9/30 9 - 5pm, 10/1 10:45 - 1:30pm
To register visit www.MandalaCenter.us or write info@MandalaCenter.us 1-424-322-8071
November 10 - 12, 2017
Moksha Yoga Center, Chicago, IL
To register visit www.MokshaYoga.com
Teach To Transform Trauma is a comprehensive three day certification program that marries the emerging and developing field of traumatology with the ancient wisdom and healing of Yoga philosophy, principles and teaching.
Open to Yoga Teachers, Therapists & Social Workers, Nurses, community workers, medical personnel, activists, educators and anyone effected by, working with or interested in working with trauma. The training and curriculum provide a comprehensive approach to trauma recovery that couples the somatic with the cognitive experience providing the foundation for implementing an actual program which blends a more "traditional," supportive talk group experience with that of a specially designed yet "classical" Yoga class that is trauma informed in nature.
• The nature of Trauma and the Survival & Stress Response
• The different types, prevalence and effects of traumatic stress
• Recognizing the signs and symptoms of trauma
• Current trauma theories, neurobiology and physiology
• How our story shows up in our bodies and body memories
• The relationship of shame and trauma and why the words won’t come
• The body as the home of our emotions
• The Chakra system as a healing framework yoking the intrinsic qualities of each
chakra with childhood development, psycho-spirituality, energetic imbalances and
• The overlay of trauma and Yoga and how the healing happens
• The impact of trauma on the practice of & teaching Yoga
• How to create a sacred, safe, open and inclusive space
• How to create a mindful and sustainable experience which cultivates distress
tolerance, resiliency building and enhanced self-regulation with present moment
awareness to utilize both on and off the mat.
• Understand the basics of facilitating a focused and supportive group experience
• Understand the distinction between and the basics of teaching both a trauma sensitive
and trauma focused Yoga class and experience that is empowerong and feels safe
• How to create and teach a trauma informed class including principles of, sequencing,
adjustments & language
• How to offer weekly Yoga for Trauma Recovery classes in the community, treatment
and studio settings.
Join us to help transform trauma one mat at a time. Includes lecture and discussion, personal & experiential exercises and daily practice. The training provides 24 CEUs that fulfill Yoga Alliance requirements and that has been accepted for other professions. Students may wish to solely take this three day Intensive for their own intentions and/or, if a Yoga Teacher or Teacher in Training, may wish to complete the additional phase of certification and independent study following the intensive.
Emerson, David and Hopper, Elizabeth, PhD, Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga. Reclaiming Your Body (Berkeley, California, North Atlantic Books, 2011).
Levine, Waking the Tiger (Berkeley, California, North Atlantic Books, 1997)
The readings need not be completed prior to the Intensive and the comprehensive training manual will be provided and emailed to individual participants shortly before the program begins to use in electronic or paper form.
*****Please bring a journal, required reading and a yoga mat.